Logan Up-date
Logan is a true joy. He has a sweet gentle spirit about him. And he is a very easy going baby. None of our children have been colicky babies, and each one seems to be easier going than the one before. Logan has followed that trend.
A little about his birth - Like Kyle said we went to the hospital twice and were sent home. I had never been sent home before; this was a new experience for us. But when you are dilated to a 4 (and have been for more than a week!!) and you are having contractions every 5 minutes, going to the hospital makes sense!! Unfortunately the contractions weren't really doing anything. I actually ended up getting induced. This is a new experience for my family. We have had 11 premies in our family and no babies have made it to their due dates.
Being induced was a breeze. We got to the hospital at about 7:30 in the morning and they started me on the pitocin. I had a positive strep test so they started me out really low and had to wait 4 hours to break my water. But about 45 minutes after they broke my water and only two pushes later Logan entered the world. It was my easiest delivery for sure. My only hard delivery was Nathan and I actually didn't have any problems until after the delivery with him.
Logan was an instant hit with Kendall and Nathan.
They can not get enough of him!
Jocelyn took a little bit of time to warm up. She wouldn't hold him
the first time she came to the hospital and it took some coaxing by
grandma and grandpa to get her to hold him the next day.
But now she is just as enamored by him as Kendall and Nathan.
My dad was pleased that Logan held out until he was back in the country. If he had been born early my dad would have missed the birth. Logan listened to Grandpa and waited until he was home (they share a middle name, Wayne. Which is also uncle Troy's middle name and Great-grandpa Cox's first name).
We are so gratful that Kyle's parents were able to come out for the birth. They were wonderful about watching the older kids both times we went to the hospital and were sent home. I was glad that my doctor induced me before they had to go back home!! I was so worried that they would come out and then have to leave before Logan was born.
Going from 3 kids to 4 hasn't been a huge change for me. I had heard that once you have 3 kids adding more isn't much of a change. I really think this is probably true. I will have to wait and see over the next couple of months. Logan has added so much joy to our home. We feel truly bless that everything with this pregnancy and birth went so well. I was teasing Kyle right before I had Logan, asking him when he would be ready to have another one. At the time he said we would have to wait and see how this birth went. Which surprised me a bit, he is usually ready to talk about the next child right away. (But after the complications I had with Nathan and the possibility of it happening again he is a bit cautious). After everything went so well he said the sooner the better!! Right now I feel blessed with the children that we have, but I am sure that we will add at least one more to our growing family. Hopefully it will not take as long as the break between Jocelyn and Logan (3 1/2 years)!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home