Saturday, July 17, 2010

Madison Rose Pew

Madison joined our family on July 12, 2010 at 9:06 a.m. I had been having contractions on and off for about 2 weeks. Several times I was having them every 5 minutes (this would last a couple of hours) and then they would stop. I could tell that they were not doing very much because she was not dropping. I was actually dialated to a 4 and more than 50% for several weeks, but I knew until she dropped nothing was going to happen.

My doctor decided that he would induce me on the 12th because he was going out of town before my due date (July 16th). Then sunday night I started having contractions every 2-3 minutes and we decided to head to the hospital. She still hadn't dropped, but we didn't want to wait to long (Kyle had a co-worker just about a month earlier who's wife waited to long and had her baby on the bathroom floor).

We ended up spending the night in the hospital and they started giving me pitocin at about 6:00 a.m. My doctor came in and broke my water at about 8:00 a.m. and then went to do a c-section on another patient. Kyle and I were so tired that we actually both just fell asleep!! (I had an epidural). About 45 minutes later I woke up to some pretty hard contractions. I was definately feeling them through the epidural. The nurse came in and checked me. In 45 minutes I had gone from a 5 to a 10 and was ready to go (all while sleeping, how nice!!) The nurse went and got the doctor (he was just coming out from his first c-section and was on his way into do a second one). I was very glad that she caught him!! Madison was born within about 2 minutes of the doctor coming into the room. It was one of the easiest births I have had!!

We are so glad to have Madison join our family. She is an angel!!




Madison weighed 7 lbs. 6 oz. (her birth cerficate says 7lbs. 5 oz.)




All of the kids were very excited. Logan was so cute he was cautious but curiouse and excited.


We have grown so large that we can now only fit our family in
the van. We will need a new car before we add any more!







We feel truly blessed as a family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home