A New School Year
So my kids started a new school year a week and a half ago and they are all loving being back in school. I love summer and being home with my kids, but it is nice to get Madison back on a nap schedule(at least we are trying to get her back on a schedule). Logan started Kindergarten. Up until about 3 months ago I was definitely not going to send him until next year. Then I went back and forth all summer long. A week and a half before school started Kyle and decided to send him. He is not as prepared as I would like him to be and he doesn't sit still as well as he should, but as we talked about it and prayed about it we both just felt like he needed to go. He has been doing great and he absolutely love school.
Because we decided so late to send him he got the late bird schedule so I am back and forth to the school 4 times every day. On Mondays and Wednesdays when Madison has preschool (I am doing a joy school type home preschool with 5 other moms) I drop Jocelyn and Nathan off at 7:30, Madison off at 8:30, Logan off at 9:30, pick Madison up at 10:30, pick Logan up at 12:50 and pick Jocelyn and Nathan up at 2:20 (wed. it is early day so 1:15). I feel like my entire day is spent in the car on those days or I am feeding Olivia!! Luckily Kendall can walk to and from school!
I am excited to be able to help in Logan's classroom this year. He is the first teacher since we moved back to California that is okay with me bringing the younger children with me when I volunteer in the classroom. I was always in the kids classrooms when we were living in Utah, but most of the teachers here feel it is too much of a distraction to have younger kids, especially when I have to bring 2 with me. But Logan's teacher was actually excited when I asked her about bringing the other kids. She said that she loves when younger siblings come in and help and she even has special toys that they can play with. How wonderful is that!!
The night before school started Kyle gave each of the kids father's blessings. I so appreciate having a husband that honors his priesthood and is able to bless out family with it!! So he started with Kendall and went from oldest to youngest. Madison didn't quite understand this and between each child jumped onto the chair and said it's my turn now! It was very cute and she was just as excited as the rest of our children to get a blessing from daddy.
Here are a couple of first day of school pictures.
Because we decided so late to send him he got the late bird schedule so I am back and forth to the school 4 times every day. On Mondays and Wednesdays when Madison has preschool (I am doing a joy school type home preschool with 5 other moms) I drop Jocelyn and Nathan off at 7:30, Madison off at 8:30, Logan off at 9:30, pick Madison up at 10:30, pick Logan up at 12:50 and pick Jocelyn and Nathan up at 2:20 (wed. it is early day so 1:15). I feel like my entire day is spent in the car on those days or I am feeding Olivia!! Luckily Kendall can walk to and from school!
I am excited to be able to help in Logan's classroom this year. He is the first teacher since we moved back to California that is okay with me bringing the younger children with me when I volunteer in the classroom. I was always in the kids classrooms when we were living in Utah, but most of the teachers here feel it is too much of a distraction to have younger kids, especially when I have to bring 2 with me. But Logan's teacher was actually excited when I asked her about bringing the other kids. She said that she loves when younger siblings come in and help and she even has special toys that they can play with. How wonderful is that!!
The night before school started Kyle gave each of the kids father's blessings. I so appreciate having a husband that honors his priesthood and is able to bless out family with it!! So he started with Kendall and went from oldest to youngest. Madison didn't quite understand this and between each child jumped onto the chair and said it's my turn now! It was very cute and she was just as excited as the rest of our children to get a blessing from daddy.
Here are a couple of first day of school pictures.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home